Press releases are a great way to communicate news or information about your company through carefully crafted messages that are under your control in terms of content, tone, and format. To expand...
Are you concerned about the volume of high-quality leads coming from your company’s sales prospecting activities?
Regardless of your opinion in the ongoing debate over the role of cold calling in today’s digital marketplace, the undeniable truth is that cold calling has become significantly less effective for generating leads than it was in the past. To build sustainable pipelines of qualified leads with less cold calling, successful companies must carefully integrate modern marketing methods into the early stages of the sales process.
In today’s B2B environment, productive lead generation requires a multi-tiered approach utilizing proven Inbound Marketing methods to “warm up” your team’s cold calls and increase both lead quantity and lead quality.
To increase qualified leads with less cold calling, focus on contacting prospects who have visited your website and have pre-qualified themselves to some extent by downloading content indicative of their interest in your company’s products and/or services. Whether they download price sheets, competitive brand comparison charts, or whitepapers on particular topics, each decision to download specific website content reveals intent to purchase and changes the entire dynamic of subsequent cold calls from random and unwelcome to timely and relevant.
The key strategy for increasing qualified leads with less cold calling:
Attract viable prospects to your website and then nurture them with sales stage-specific content until they are ready to engage with your sales team.
There are two essential action items required to implement a plan that successfully attracts and nurtures qualified leads with less cold calling:
- Optimize your website content to draw the attention of buyers early in the process, during the initial stages of the Buyer’s Journey when they begin to search for information about their business problems. As the diagram to the right shows, by attracting prospects early with your content, you gain access to them and can influence them earlier in the sale cycle when their due diligence begins.
- WHO are the website visitors you want to attract?
- WHAT content is needed to draw their attention?
- WHERE do your prospects look for credible information?
- WHEN does a website visitor actually become a sales-qualified lead?
- WHY is Inbound Marketing the most effective way to generate leads?
Read the article titled "Boost your Inbound Lead Generation with these Fundamental Tips" for more details.
- Convert website visitors to sales-qualified leads through customized lead nurturing:
- When a website visitor downloads content, respond with a series of direct, personalized emails tailored to the interests revealed by the visitor’s site navigation trail.
- Within each email, include a Call-To-Action offering top-of-funnel premium content as well as a tease for middle sales funnel content.
- Continue to nurture each prospect by providing a stream of relevant information that retains interest and builds trust through each stage of the sales process.
Read the article titled "Want A Thriving High-Tech Business? Focus on Lead Nurturing" for more details.
Inbound Marketing methodologies are designed to improve the productivity of your sales and marketing teams, reducing the number of cold calls needed to reach your company’s targets for qualified leads. Bristol Strategy offers two informative whitepapers on the important topics of attracting leads and nurturing them to sales-ready status. Both are available for immediate download:
- 8 Steps to Attract Qualified Leads for Your Business
- Stand Out From The Crowd: 24 Marketing Tips to Set Your Company Apart